Because I just recently launched the site, I am trying to find a way to spread the word and build traffic and it seems like this product is just what I need. This will also give me the opportunity to review the product on the site and get my first real review out there.
Wish me luck!
Update… so I broke down and bought the monster for $47.
Things to watch out for:
- This is a recurring product with an expensive monthly membership (around $140). Be sure to keep an eye on the date if you do not want to keep this product. If you are skeptical (as I am) keep in mind that you have about a month to try this out before you go into the monthly recurring cost cycle.
- During the purchase, you will be directed to several add-on products, such as SEO Training, and SEO Article content. These products are viable and make a lot of sense depending on the type of marketing you do, but I did not purchase them at this point, and I want to check out the core product.
Takeaways so far:
- After digging into the site a little bit, this is a legitimate product and I think it will work for me. The product comes with a cool traffic analyzer tool that makes it easy to track your page ranking on google, yahoo, and bing. This is going to be on my desktop for some time to come to help track if I am getting the results I would like. The product is mainly focused around the building of links from the outside world to your site. The vendor has establish an excellent network of blogs and social sites where it posts articles as they are submitted. It also provides a powerful engine for writing unique articles that will stay fresh by utilizing their embedded content management platform.
After just a couple of hours, I can already see that my submission of articles and sites to this tool is working, and I will update this post as I learn more.
- I have been running this process for about two weeks, and as you can see it shows that it is generating links out there. The question is where are they, and are they doing anything for me. I definately don’t like the fact that this product does not tell you where the links are at, because there is no way to know what type of value these links are adding to the link juice of my site.
I’ll continue to monitor this and later decide if I need to ask for a refund.
I cancelled by account to avoid paying the recurring monthly fee, and their customer support was helpful.
I also got this alarming message related to the recent google changes that could be seen as devaluing this product:
“This email is VERY important so please read and follow the instructions listed. We have some
big updates that we want to share with you about your account.
As you may or may not know, Google has been a complete pain in any and all SEOs neck for the past months due to the “Panda Update” and more recently Panda 3.3.
If you don’t know what the Panda update is, basically the main jist is that it’s an update/changes that Google made to the way they rank websites, which caused a little bit of shifting in their search results.
Google does this all of the time and whenever they do, WE always react very quickly to counteract any changes they make.
Alright, so how does this affect you? Well, if you’re an SEO Link Monster member, we’ve got some good news to share with you… (keep reading)
There is so much hearsay and rumors in forums that we decided it was time to clear the air so at least our customers know the TRUTH behind what we’re doing to make 100% sure ALL Monster members remain unaffected by Google.
First thing’s first… we’re closing the doors to all FUTURE *NEW* users of SEO Link Monster to prevent “moles” from signing up to our system. As a current member, it doesn’t affect you. We need to buckle down, service our current members and work to improve our level of quality even more (even though it’s already good, we can always do better).
So, what do YOU need to do right now?
1. Go below and login to your account. You will be prompted to follow the next steps after you login. It’s critical that you follow this step immediately after you read this email. You’ll then be taken to a page with all of the updates and notifications we want to share with you!
2. That’s it. We’re working around the clock, and have been since day 1 of Google’s most recent changes. Please know without a shadow of doubt that we’re here for you and are 100% certain you’ll continue getting what you paid for. (i.e. more links and higher Google rankings). You’ll see more of what I mean once you login to your account read about all of the BIG changes/additions we’ve made and are continuing to make as I write this.
3. So, again, simply login to your Monster account and you’ll see ALL of the major updates that we would like to share with you, including what our recommendations are moving forward ensure you continue getting crazy good results for a VERY VERY long time.
Brad, Matt, and Dori”
Very interesting, but it seems that this product has been put on hold while the developers find a way to work acccomodate Google’s changes.
Update 5/11/2012. SEO Link Monster has been taken off the Marketplace completely, and I am assuming that the message above implies that this type of link building was hit bad by Panda and the publishers won’t be coming back around with this product. I am still investigating to see if I can get in touch with them to find out their plans for the future.
Hope this helps you all!